So many great reviews here, and I had such high hopes, and I was really looking forward to…read moresurprising my husband with a flight on our honeymoon. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, but here's what did:
I called to make a reservation, and the phone wasn't answered. Ian called me back not too long after though. I asked some questions, talked about the groupon pricing, made a reservation, everything was good. I had 2 days in Niagara, and Ian suggested we make a reservation on Thursday instead of Friday because flights get cancelled a lot for weather, and that gives us a second chance. Such a good suggestion!
This is where the positive ends.
I get an e-mail a few days later that says "Hi Bethany, when we made the initial booking i was taking information while in my car...we were trying to decide on the 12th or 13th. Turns out the schedule is full on the 12th, so I made it for 13th at 1pm".
This wouldn't have been a big deal, except A. He told me to book the 12th instead of the 13th. B. Tell me you're in the car, and not at a computer and will get back with me when you know for sure. Our conversation gave me 0 indication what I was not making an actual reservation. C. We had a flight out of Buffalo at 2pm, so a 1pm flight does not work, and he knew this D. Call me and discuss the options, don't just change the reservation and hope it works.
I asked if we could change to a much earlier flight on the 13th, 8:30 am, and Ian wrote back "8:30am would be perfect".
Of course, nothing with Ian is ever set in stone, or an actual reservation, and he thinks he can just change things and do whatever he wants, even though you've already paid and made plans, so then this happens:
"Hi Bethany, originally you had scheduled the flight for today, and then changed for Friday! (I did not, he lied to me about a reservation and forced me to change). Can you come for 10:15 tomorrow (remember, we are scheduled for 8:30am because we have a flight) as out plane is arriving from Toronto and I don't want to keep you hanging around the airport if it's delayed leaving Toronto"
So, no he's scheduled us, then said he was fully booked. Scheduled us again, then changed the time the day before because , I guess, he was booked again? The message above, via text, is all the info I got.
I respond with, unfortunately 10:30 doesnt work, we have a flight to catch, we are scheduled for 8:30, what happened? And can we do a flight tonight instead?
"Normally we have another plane...it had a mishap" and then adds "we would not have been able to fly today because of weather/low clouds".
Apparently he thinks that the weather not being ideal makes up for the fact that he hasn't called to talk to me, hasn't apologized, hasn't offered an option that works for us, and has had a "mishap" with his plane..yeah.. that feels great!
Since Ian is not willing to fly later that day to accommodate us, and since he can't make our reservation time work, we are now stuck with a 10:30 flight and rushing to the airport.
But no, then we get a text in the morning that says, "Good Morning Bethany. The Chief Pilot reports that the weather is not co-operating, for air tours, and the cloud ceiling is coming down. We cannot go flying this morning, I am refunding 100% of your ticket purchase".
This, of course, is not his fault. However, I received this text at 7am, and we are scheduled to fly at 10:30am. My husband has a private pilot license, so I am 100% sure that the weather can change in 3.5 hours, and calling to cancel 3.5 hours ahead of time is crazy.
We go about our day, grab breakfast, and head outside. We immediately see several other small single engine planes flying! Which means the weather had changed, or we were lied to. So I texted Ian at 9:22am "Hey Ian, still the same? We are seeing planes and helicopters out. It looks so nice! Had to check!". NO ANSWER.
So I texted again at 10:09 "Any updates?" NO ANSWER. So I called him, and then called the main line for the company. NO ANSWER. We even drove to the Hangar and there was no one around. Which either means they just said "Screw it we are going home" or they were actually flying with other people and lied to us.
I never received an answer to those texts, and never got a call back.
5 days later I still had not received a refund, so I texted, and of course got an IMMEDIATE response, because he always responded fairly quickly except when we were supposed to be flying.
10 Days after our cancelled flight, still no refund. I text again and Ian says he will call Square. I never hear anything.
14 days later, I reach out to my card company who says I need a copy of the credit receipt. I reached out to Ian for this, no answer.
16 days later, still no answer, still no credit receipt, still no refund.
This guy jerked us around, lied to us, and now won't issue a refund. I know all of the other reviews are positive, and I hope no one else has an experience like I did.